I have discovered how powerful simply breathing can be in making you relax, stop worrying or even reduce pain levels.
The best one I found is explained by Dr. Weil.
It can be done anywhere and is so easy and it really works for me. I even use it right before I fall asleep.
- “Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight. This is one breath.
- Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.”
See the video below and the full article on how this works.